If you have a body temperature between 99 F and 100.3 F, then you are categorically experiencing a low-grade fever. Once you have a low-grade fever, you can get over-the-counter medication from the nearby pharmacy in California.
Aside from the higher-than-normal body temperature, you may also suffer other symptoms, including:
- Muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
There are certain factors that can cause you to have a low-grade fever. Here are the top causes why your body temperature increases more than normal:
- Infections. Bacterial and viral infections such as flu, common cold, viral gastroenteritis, and sinus infections can cause a low-grade fever.
- Autoimmune diseases. Having a frequent low-grade fever is common in people with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases.
- Drug sensitivity. Some people are sensitive to drugs and can experience side effects such as low-grade fever. Common drugs that cause such side effects include anti-seizure drugs and antibiotics.
- Vaccines. If you’ve recently had your flu shot at the nearby independent pharmacy, then the low-grade fever may be a side effect of that.
- Stress. A low-grade fever is a common stress response to some people, especially young women.
Lotus Pharmacy is here to provide you with quality medication for your illness. Visit our retail pharmacy in Menifee, California, if you need over-the-counter medication for common illnesses such as fever, colds, and headache.