Anyone who has been prescribed several medications by their independent pharmacy will be familiar with the different issues that come with it. Confusion with the right dosage and simple forgetfulness with the medication schedule are some of the pitfalls of having several medications.
These difficulties are not unfounded. According to the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), the largest association of pharmacists in the country, there is an estimated 1.5 million adverse events that occur each year that amount to $177 billion in injury and death damages, attesting to just how massive the issue is.
As these are preventable by having the right medication management strategies and implementation with your dedicated pharmacist in your pharmacy in California.
These strategies can be summed up in the services offered in medication therapy management or MTM per the Medication Therapy Management Core Elements Service Model Version 2.0, specifically:
- Medication therapy review (MTR)
- Personal medication record (PMR)
- Medication-related action plan (MAP)
- Intervention and/or referral
- Documentation and follow-up
That said, is the service for you?
While virtually anyone who takes medications can benefit from this, we at our retail pharmacy in Menifee, California, at Lotus Pharmacy specifically encourage the following individuals:
- Individuals who have several health conditions or use several medications
- Individuals who have questions or problems with their medications
- Individuals who have medications that require close monitoring
- Individuals who have been hospitalized
- Individuals who obtain their medications from more than one pharmacy